Read this First Point Dental Review to find out if this is the right dental clinic for you. First Point Dental has four locations near Chicago and offers comprehensive treatment for a wide range of dental services and procedures. They are family-oriented and prioritize quality treatment and patient comfort.
In this article, we'll cover all you need to know about First Point Dental, including:
- First Point Dental locations
- Services offered
- Insurance and payments
- Patient reviews of First Point Dental
Table of contents
- 1 First Point Dental overview
- 2 What services does First Point Dental offer?
- 3 First Point Dental equipment
- 4 First Point Dental prices
- 5 First Point Dental locations and hours
- 6 First Point Dental reviews
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 FAQs
First Point Dental overview
First Point Dental is a network of Chicago-area, family-oriented general dental clinics that offer a wide range of procedures, from basic preventive services to major restorative treatment.
Meet the First Point Dental team
The team of dentists at First Point Dental, along with their beloved assistants and staff is well-known for their high level of professionalism and their excellent bedside manner. The team includes:
- Dr. Trent Jones: DDS, MS, General Dentist. Dr. Jones provides regular check-ups, professional cleanings, restorative treatment, cosmetic dentistry, and orthodontics.
- Dr. Rajan Sharma: DMD, Endodontist. Dr. Rajan specializes in root canals — removing the infection from the interior of teeth and preserving the natural tooth so that extraction isn't necessary.
- Dr. Jamia Luria: Oral Surgeon. Dr. Luria specializes in tooth extractions and dental implants. He also helps patients with sleep apnea and denture fitting.
- Dr. Sabek: DMD, Endodontist. Dr. Sabek specializes in easing pain from infections and broken and dislodged teeth, and performs root canals to save natural teeth.
- Dr. Carolyn Belke: DDS, MS. Dr. Belke specializes in restorative dentistry, helping patients replace missing teeth for a complete and healthy smile, whether it be with fillings, bridges, or dental implants.
- Kayla Ketza: Lead Dental Assistant. Kayla Ketza assists doctors during treatments and exams and ensures that patients are informed about their oral health. She also offers nutritional counseling and makes sure patients feel well-attended and positive about their experience.
Here's what one patient had to say on Google about the First Point team:
“I love this place! Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. I have really gotten over my Dentist fears coming here. All of the ladies are always smiling as well as compassionate about what they do. I will continue to come here for all of my dentistry needs.”
What services does First Point Dental offer?
First Point Dental provides a variety of dental services, including general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and restorative dentistry. They are also available for emergency dental care.
You can schedule an appointment today for any dental needs that you may have.
General dentistry includes a wide range of treatments that are considered fundamental to improving and maintaining good oral hygiene and health. The general dentistry services provided by First Point Dental include:
- Dental exams and cleanings: First Point offers comprehensive dental exams for everyone who visits the clinic. These exams include checking gum tissue, gum health, identifying loose teeth, tongue health, bite alignment, broken or chipped teeth, tooth decay, and ensuring that dental appliances function properly.
- Dental hygiene: First Point Dental offers dental hygiene treatments ranging from fluoride treatments, gum disease treatment, professional cleanings, and the prevention of decay with regular oral exams.
- Dental x-rays: X-rays at First Point are pain-free and completely safe. X-rays are performed during routine dental visits and are used to diagnose problems and treat them before they develop.
- Periodontal treatment: At First Point Dental you'll receive specialized periodontal treatment. This could involve cleaning gum pockets, root planing, tissue grafts, and flap surgery.
- Preventive care: This includes everything from oral cleanings, to x-rays, to cleanings and other hygiene treatments — anything to help ensure your mouth stays as healthy as possible.
Cosmetic dentistry includes all of those procedures that help improve the aesthetics of your smile. At First Point Dental, cosmetic dentistry includes:
- Orthodontics: When teeth aren't severely misaligned or overcrowded, there may be some slight cosmetic orthodontic adjustments you can make to improve the look of your smile.
- Teeth whitening: First Point Dental offers state-of-the-art light-accelerated teeth bleaching procedures that can result in teeth that are 3 to 12 shades brighter.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin, resin or porcelain shells that cover the surface of teeth, enhancing their brightness, size, or shape.
- Crowns: These look just like normal teeth and can cap broken or chipped teeth, or restore their natural shape when fillings aren't sufficient.
- Fillings: Dental fillings can restore the shape of your teeth after you have cavities removed. They also protect teeth from further decay.
- Bridges: A dental bridge can replace one or two missing teeth by using crowns anchored by the adjacent teeth.
- Dental implants: At First Point Dental, prosthodontists and dental surgeons who specialize in dental implants will restore your smile to its full and healthy state.
- Root canals: When the interior of a tooth has an infection, the endodontists at First Point Dental can perform a root canal to save the tooth so extraction isn't necessary.
- Dentures: First Point Dental offers both full and partial dentures as a more affordable option to replace missing teeth and regain your smile.
First Point Dental emergencies
If you have a dental emergency, you can count on First Point Dental's emergency dental care team — just call (888) 736-6430. They are available 24/7, every day of the year to help you with:
- Post-procedural pain
- Knocked out or broken teeth
- Severe bleeding or gum swelling
- …and more!
Not sure if you have a denture emergency? You can learn about how to identify an emergency situation in our full guide to dental emergencies.
First Point Dental equipment
You can expect the latest in dental equipment and technology from First Point Dental. The team is well-versed in operating state-of-the-art equipment and more than willing to explain how the technology works to interested patients. Their equipment includes:
- I-CAT system: The I-Cat Cone Beam 3D Imaging System has replaced conventional 2D x-rays to allow for high-definition visuals of your mouth, including your jaws, bones, and soft tissues. This helps the dentists at First Point Dental better identify potential concerns and diagnose problems before they progress.
- Orthopantomograph machine: The OPG means that your dentist can take a panoramic x-ray of your lower and upper jaw in just 20 seconds. This reduces the time you spend in the clinic for problems including gum disease, infections, jawline fractures, and planning for oral surgery.
- Mouthwatch Intraoral camera: Digital images of the interior of your mouth help your dentists gain a more accurate insight into your oral health.
First Point Dental prices
The cost of treatment at First Point Dental will vary from patient to patient and of course the type of treatment you receive.
If you have dental insurance, depending on your plan, you may have to make a co-payment or pay a deductible for any services not covered under your plan. First Point Dental staff will work with you to fully understand the costs of your treatment, and which parts your insurance covers.
If you are insured you get regular cleanings absolutely free.
Does First Point Dental take insurance?
Absolutely! First Point Dental works with major insurance carriers like Delta Dental, BCBS, Cigna, Principal, Metlife, and Aetna. If you're not sure if they accept your insurance you can give them a call and they'll confirm.
If you don't have insurance, that's not a problem. In fact, if you aren't insured, you'll get a free exam and x-ray with your initial dental exam.
They also offer a wide range of payment options including cash, check, and credit or debit. First Point Dental also works with CareCredit, a program that helps cover the costs of your dental care with low monthly payments and no interest. If you are interested in CareCredit, the First Point Dental staff can help you enroll.
First Point Dental locations and hours
First Point Dental has four convenient locations in the Chicago area:
First Point Dental Hoffman Estates location
- Address: 1585 N. Barrington Rd Ste 301, Doctor Building 2, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
- Phone: (847) 231-9850
First Point Dental Westmont location
- Address: 6319 S. Fairview Ave Ste 103, Westmont, IL 60559
- Phone: (630) 793-1195
First Point Dental Homewood location
- Address: 18213 Dixie Hwy, Homewood, IL 60430
- Phone: (708) 647-9112
First Point Dental Hyde Park location
- Address: 5230 S Blackstone Ave #101, Chicago, IL 60615
- Phone: (773) 363-6009
First Point Dental business hours
10am – 8pm
9am – 7pm
8am – 6pm
9am – 7pm
8am – 1pm
8am – 1pm
For emergencies call (888) 736-6430.
First Point Dental reviews
“Dr. Sharma is extremely thorough, knowledgeable, professional, friendly and just overall the best dentist. I recommend Dr. Sharma to all my friends and family. I know I can count on Dr. Sharma and his staff to keep my dental health in the best condition. I know I am in excellent hands with Dr. Sharma and his staff. I highly recommend Dr. Sharma. Thank you for my beautiful smile.”
“Friendly staff, experienced doctors. Efficient system. Will definitely recommend it to my friends and colleagues.”
“I’ve always had a great experience here! The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and willing to go above and beyond to make sure I got the care I needed.”
First Point Dental is a trusted dental practice with four convenient locations in the Chicago area — Hoffman Estates, Westmont, Hyde Park, and Homewood. They are known for providing excellent service to children and adults alike, and their services range from general dentistry to more complicated restorative procedures.
They accept most insurance plans and will work with patients to figure out billing and other payment options, including CareCredit. They are also open 24/7, every day of the year in case you have a dental emergency.
If you'd like to set up an appointment, you can go to the First Point Dental website for more information.
Where is First Point Dental located?
First Point Dental has 4 clinics in the Chicago area: Hoffman Estates, Westmont, Homewood, and Hyde Park. Depending on your treatment, a certain location may be more suitable.
What services does First Point Dental offer?
First Point Dental offers a wide range of treatments including general dentistry like routine cleanings and exams, cosmetic dentistry including bleaching, and restorative treatment like implants.
Is First Point Dental good?
First Point Dental generally receives positive reviews from patients in terms of the quality of treatment received, their level of professionalism, and their positive bedside manner.