- Pain relief from toothache, abscesses and dry socket
- Repair a chipped, cracked or broken tooth
- Emergency dental surgery
- Our dentists accept PPO private insurance, cash or credit card
- Available 24/7
Are you trying to reach an emergency dentist in Dothan, AL for a piercing toothache or other dental emergency? We're going to help you access urgent dental care in Dothan, Alabama, whenever you need it.
A dental emergency like a fractured tooth or damaged oral tissue should never be ignored. If not treated, these conditions can lead to oral infection and permanent damage to your teeth. So if you experience a dental problem which can’t be handled at home or with first aid, do consult this list of Dothan emergency dentists so you know where to turn.
View other cities for emergency dentists in Alabama.
Table of contents
- 1 24-hour Emergency Dental Clinics in Dothan, AL
- 2 What are some types of dental emergencies?
- 3 Emergency dentists in Dothan, AL
- 4 How to prepare for an urgent dental appointment
- 5 Additional Information about Alabama Emergency Dentists
24-hour Emergency Dental Clinics in Dothan, AL
You may need dental assistance immediately if you’ve suffered from an accident like a broken tooth or have a more painful problem like an abscess. In such cases, the pain may be so bad that you don't want to wait for a next-day dentist appointment.
Not all emergency dentists in Dothan, AL are open 24-hours or at weekends. If you believe you need immediate medical assistance, for example if you have bleeding that won't stop or you can't breathe properly, it's recommended you visit an emergency room. However, you should be aware that not all emergency rooms at hospitals are equipped to deal with dental emergencies. So you might end up getting routed to a dental clinic anyway.
You also have the option to call our 24-hour hotline to get connected to a dentist offering emergency dental care in Dothan, AL. It’s a local rate number and is the fastest way to access immediate care – one phone call and you'll be put in touch with a dentist near you available right now.
What are some types of dental emergencies?
Preparedness to deal with dental emergencies includes knowing how to respond when you encounter one. While getting yourself to emergency care should be the first priority, it's also good to have some home toothache remedies on hand to ease any pain while you wait to see a emergency dentist in Dothan, Alabama.
Here are some of the most common dental emergencies you may have to deal with:
Knocked out tooth
You should retrieve the tooth, always holding it by the crown. Rinse off any dirt with water, and store the tooth in a small container of milk or a tooth saver solution. This helps to conserve the re-bonding characteristics of your tooth. You should rush to emergency care as soon as possible since knocked out teeth have the highest chance of being saved if they are securely returned to the socket within one hour.
Chipped, fractured or broken teeth
Your first response should be saving any pieces that you can find. Rinse your mouth and those pieces with warm water. If bleeding, apply a piece of cotton or gauze with some antiseptic for a few minutes until the bleeding stops. Applying a cold compress to the outside of the mouth or near the broken or chipped tooth will help ease pain and keep swelling down. Head to the emergency room as soon as possible.
Partly dislodged tooth
Facial trauma can cause a tooth to become loose without completely knocking it out. An over-the-counter pain reliever can help make any pain more bearable. Contact an emergency dentist near you right away, and do not attempt to force the tooth back into place. This can intensity pain and cause additional damage to the tooth and socket.
Soft tissue damage
Trauma injuries to the cheek, tongue, or gums can lead to severe blood loss if left unattended. Rinse your mouth with a saltwater solution and apply a moistened piece of cotton or a teabag with gentle pressure to stop the bleeding. You may also press from outside of the cheek or mouth to effectively apply pressure to the affected area. If the bleeding doesn’t stop, see a dentist right away and keep the cotton in place until you are seen to.
Tooth crowns don't last forever. If you lose a crown, you may or may not experience pain but in any case you should visit an emergency dentist in Dothan, AL before any damage occurs to the remaining tooth. You may be able to re-apply the crown using over-the-counter dental cement, but avoid using superglue. Another solution could be buying a temporary filling kit. Remember, these quick fixes are just to ensure that you have no further pain. You should still seek professional dental care for a more permanent fix.
Emergency dentists in Dothan, AL
So, if you experience on of these emergencies or any other dental problem requiring urgent care, here is a list of dentists offering urgent care in Dothan, AL who may be able to help.
Dothan Dental Group, PC
Providing a huge array of preventive, cosmetic, and emergency dental services, Dothan Dental Group is a prominent clinic in the city. Their office is conveniently located on Healthwest drive, right across the street from Southern Bone & Joint. With experience spanning over 40 years and a great patient rating of 4.9 out of 5, this is one clinic you can definitely count on in case of emergency dental needs. You can give them a quick call or book an appointment online.
Address: 366 Healthwest Drive, Dothan, AL 36303
Phone number: (334) 793-6400
- Monday to Thursday: 7:30am to 5:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Jeff Beasley Family Dentistry
Striving to maintain the highest levels of accreditation, Dr. Jeff Beasley’s dental clinic in Dothan, AL is a professional space with a homely feel. Located on West Main Street, the clinic operates during regular daytime hours and, when needed, they offer out-of-hours appointments and treatments as well. Their website contains a lot of helpful information including a description of their financial policy and several articles on dental care.
Address: 2019 West Main Street, Dothan, AL 36301
Phone number: (334) 793-5697
- Monday to Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday: By appointment only
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
- Office closed daily from 12:00pm – 1:00pm for lunch
Healthwest Dental Associates
Specializing in prosthodontics and advanced general dentistry, Healthwest Dental Associates place emphasis on getting to know a patient first and then treating them. But that doesn’t mean delays! The clinic offers prompt emergency dental care for a wide variety of ailments in addition to cosmetic and preventive dentistry options. The clinic is contracted with insurance providers like Delta Dental, MetLife, Southland, and BlueCross BlueShield of Alabama, and is ready to assist you with paperwork as well as payments every step of the way.
Address: 502 Healthwest Drive, Dothan, AL 36303
Phone number: (334) 702-1101
- Monday to Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: Closed
If you’re unable to get through to any of these clinics, you can call 334-956-6197 to be put through to an emergency dentist in Dothan, AL right away. Even on Saturday and Sunday and late at night, this hotline will help you find a dentist who can see you.
How to prepare for an urgent dental appointment
It’s almost impossible to predict when you may require emergency dental procedures and most people are usually unaware of their options in such scenarios. To avoid last-minute panic and anxiety, the best thing you can do is to prepare in advance for dental emergencies.
Here are a few tips that will help you get care quickly:
- Ask your dentist about their availability in dental emergencies: Your regular dentist should always be your first contact in emergencies. They may have an emergency contact number with details of how to reach them outside office hours. Even if they are not able to provide you with emergency care, they will guide you in the right direction with information on nearby emergency clinics that can best handle your case.
- Keep an emergency fund ready: Your usual dental and medical insurance may not cover the entire cost of any emergency procedures. So that your finances don't stop you from accessing the care you need, try to build up an emergency medical fund for you and your family. Saving even a small amount each month will help cover the cost when an unexpected situation does arise.
- Have a dental emergency kit at home: Most of us have a first aid kit at home, but normally there are very few items in it that can help in the case of a dental emergency. You can buy a pre-made dental first aid kit or supplement your existing one with some essentials. These include sterile medical gloves, sugar-free gum or temporary filling material, anesthetic, cotton, gauze, pain relief medication, hydrogen peroxide, salt, dental floss, tweezers, and a small container or tooth saver device.
Our separate guide explains more about how to identify dental emergencies and what to do when they occur.
Additional Information about Alabama Emergency Dentists
If, unfortunately, you’re still unable to find a suitable emergency dentist in Dothan, you may want to expand your search to these nearby cities:
- Emergency dentists in Auburn, AL
- Emergency dentists in Montgomery, AL
- Emergency dentists in Mobile, AL
- Emergency dentists in Birmingham, AL
- Emergency dentists in Huntsville, AL
Moreover, you can refer to the Alabama Dental Association’s website for more information and help regarding paying for your dental treatment.