Are you struggling with stained, yellow teeth and urgently looking for how to whiten teeth instantly? Dentaly.org has got you covered with the fastest ways to whiten teeth!
Before diving into how to get whiter teeth instantly, Dentaly.org wants to make sure you have all the facts about teeth whitening by answering the following questions in this article:
- How does teeth whitening work?
- How can I whiten my teeth at home?
- How can I keep my teeth white and prevent staining?
- How can I whiten my teeth if I've had comestic work done?
We hope to give you all the knowledge you need for fast teeth whitening by answering these questions.
Table of contents
- 1 How does teeth whitening work?
- 2 How to whiten teeth at home in one day
- 2.1 Professional whitening
- 2.2 Fast teeth whitening products
- 2.3 Home remedies for teeth whitening fast
- 3 Tips on how to keep your teeth white and prevent stains
- 4 Have you had cosmetic dentistry done?
- 5 Conclusion
How does teeth whitening work?
The whitening agent is usually carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide-based and penetrates the enamel to reach the discolored molecules inside your tooth. Oxygen molecules from the whitening agent react with the discolored molecules in your teeth, breaking the bonds that hold them together. When done correctly, it is a safe process for adults and teens.
This means that you can't necessarily whiten teeth instantly, but you can keep up with your dental hygiene and try out the following whitening methods.
How to whiten teeth at home in one day
Though it is not impossible, typically, you won’t get the results you desire instantly. Instead, you may have to repeat the whitening process multiple times, gradually whitening your teeth to get the desired results. Here are some ways you can whiten teeth fast.
Laser teeth whitening options
Laser bleaching uses lasers to speed up the bleaching effect of a concentrated gel applied to the teeth. Although it’s the most expensive method, it’s also the closest you’ll get to “instant” teeth whitening.
Your dentist will first apply a rubber seal to protect your gums, then will cover your teeth with a bleaching product – likely containing hydrogen peroxide for teeth whitening. Then, by shining a laser on your teeth, whitening happens much faster than with other treatments.
This intense whitening treatment should give clear results after just one visit, but it also has greater potential for sensitivity following treatment.
Zoom teeth whitening
Zoom whitening technology works in a similar way to laser whitening but instead uses LED lights to accelerate a whitening agent.
LED teeth whitening systems are less intense, meaning less chance of sensitivity but also a longer treatment time (normally 3-4 sessions of 45-60 minutes).
Fast teeth whitening products
Teeth whitening kits
First, you apply a bleaching gel to your teeth for a certain amount of time each day. Most kits come with a set of trays (which look like mouth guards) that fit your teeth and hold the gel in place.
The bleach seeps through your tooth enamel to whiten the dentin layer below. Dentin is naturally a darker yellow color, which is why our teeth aren't perfectly white in the first place.
Teeth whitening pens
Whitening pens are more like brushes; they consist of a small tube of gel that is applied directly to teeth via a built-in brush.
Pens usually contain hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, although some peroxide-free brands are available. Users like them because they're so convenient; you can carry them anywhere and use them whenever you have time.
Treatment takes 1-2 weeks, with about two applications per day lasting between 5 and 30 minutes, depending on the manufacturer.
There are numerous brands and types of strip solutions, but they all share some characteristics in common. White strips, in general, are thin, flexible, transparent, or translucent strips that are coated on one side with a tooth whitening gel.
Home remedies for teeth whitening fast
Some believe if you rub a banana peel on your teeth using the inside of the peel, your teeth will become whiter. You do this daily before or after brushing your teeth. Supposedly, this causes your teeth to gradually get whiter over a few weeks. Science has yet to confirm if this works.
One of the best quick teeth whitening home remedies is coconut oil pulling. You swish a spoonful of coconut oil around your mouth for 10-15 minutes. This is a traditional Indian technique for improving oral hygiene. You'll need to rinse and brush as usual afterward, but you should notice that your teeth feel cleaner.
Homemade whitening paste
A homemade whitening paste can be concocted using baking soda mixed with water or a very small amount of hydrogen peroxide. Get a runny consistency and then rub onto teeth for 30 seconds after brushing normally. This method should be limited to 1-2 times per week at most. Overuse can weaken tooth enamel.
Tips on how to keep your teeth white and prevent stains
How to make yellow teeth whiter is by using the following tips:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day. How to make teeth whiter in 3 minutes, twice a day is by brushing your teeth. The most important time to brush your teeth is at night. Don't skip this one!
- Use whitening toothpaste. Whitening toothpastes are designed to remove stains from teeth. Although it won't get them any whiter than their natural shade, teeth whitening toothpastes can help improve the overall color of your teeth.
- Consider whitening mouthwash. We recommend using mouthwash with fluoride 30 minutes after brushing your teeth.
- Cleaning between your teeth once a day with floss or a waterpik.
- Not smoking or using tobacco products. According to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, quitting tobacco can also give you fresher breath, healthier gums, and help you avoid future dental problems down the road.
- Avoid acidic food and drinks like lemons, berries, soda, and coffee that stain your teeth.
- Visit the dentist twice a year for regular dental cleanings
Have you had cosmetic dentistry done?
If you have had cosmetic dentistry done like veneers, bonding, or you have dentures, then you should consult with your doctor before trying any of the fast teeth whitening methods listed above. This is because the chemicals in the whitening agents or natural remedies can harm or weaken fake teeth.
Although you cannot whiten teeth instantly, you now know some quick teeth whitening methods to try out and how you can prevent stains. So try out some whitening methods and see which one is the best for you!
Centers for Disease Control: Benefits of Quitting. Consulted November 27th, 2021
WebMD: Teeth Whitening. Consulted November 27th, 2021
Healthline: 6 Simple Ways To Whiten Your Teeth Naturally at Home. Consulted November 27th, 2021
NBC News: Top-rated at-home teeth whitening kits and products 2021. Consulted November 27th, 2021