For this usmile Y10 Pro review, we tried the usmile Y10 Pro electric toothbrush for ourselves, and our verdict is in: This toothbrush has a highly intuitive design with advanced features like shock absorption and pressure control that will seriously improve your brushing game.
It's also got all of the basic features you'd look for in an electric toothbrush — a 20-minute timer and various cleaning modes, for instance.
Keep reading to learn all about the usmile Y10 Pro, including its myriad features and advanced design integrations that will make brushing more fun and help you improve your oral hygiene habits. You can also read more about our top picks for the best electric toothbrushes.
If you're in the market for an attractive and intuitive electric toothbrush packed with advanced features to help you improve your brushing, then the usmile Y10 Pro is made for you.
But, if you're looking for a basic, no-frills toothbrush, this model likely has more features than you need.
Table of contents
What we love – real benefits
The features of the usmile Y10 Pro aren't just gimmicks — they provide real benefits to the brusher. We're going to take a closer look at the features and how they work further down, but let's look at what the user actually gets from them:
- 24/7 smart screen: This allows you to see the effects of your brushing in real-time, where you are removing plaque, and where you still need to work on removing it.
- Responsive brushing: The brush itself gets the job done, so you don't have to improve on your own brushing technique.
- 6-month charge: You can store the charger for half of the year without worrying about the battery running out, making it an excellent brush for travel.
- Top-tier bristles: Since the usmile uses the best bristles available, you benefit from cleaner teeth and healthier gums, all while changing your brush head less frequently.
- Gentle on gums: Various features like a pressure sensor and soft bristles ensure that your gums are protected and optimally cleaned.
- Waterproof: Enjoy the convenience of being able to brush your teeth safely in the shower.
- Cost: Considering all of its features — this toothbrush is reasonably priced compared to its competitors, like Oral-B or other high-tech toothbrushes. And if you check prices on Amazon, you can find even greater savings.
Room for improvement
- Language: The smart screen feedback in English has some errors like ‘need enhance' and ‘many plaques,' but honestly, we found these to be more endearing than bothersome.
- Some claims are confusing: The responsive brushing delivers 440% brushing efficiency compared to manual brushes. We weren't quite able to figure out what that meant or how it mattered.
- Vibrations: This brush offers 38,000 movements per minute, which is pretty standard for this type of brush — so if you're looking for the most powerful sonic toothbrush motor on the market, this may not be for you.
usmile Y10 Pro features
- Missed areas: The smart screen of the Y10 Pro has an oral map of your mouth, which shows you how much time you've spent on each area of your mouth and the progress you've made in your brushing. The colorful graphics show you whether your mouth is very clean, fairly clean, or needs more cleaning, so that you know if you need to keep brushing, and how much you need to keep brushing.
- Plaque reminder: There are also graphics that show you how much plaque you have removed, indicated both with the color of the tooth graphic and with text how much plaque you still need to remove.
- Timer: The timer automatically calculates the time you have left to brush based on how much plaque you have removed and how well you've brushed certain areas of your mouth.
The responsive brushing feature of the Y10 Pro means that it adjusts its brushing movement and vibrations to match your particular brushing style.
The brush also adjusts instantly depending its position in relation to the part of the tooth it is cleaning. So when brushing the outer surface of your teeth, the vibration is normal to cover a greater surface, and the motion used is standard.
When brushing the upper surface of your teeth, it uses smaller motions with stronger, focused vibrations that get deep down into smaller pits and grooves. And, when brushing the inner sides of your teeth, larger motions are used with a strong vibration to clean deeper along the gum line.
The Y10 Pro can run for up to six months without needing to be charged. The Type-C charging port means it's compatible with most chargers, making for light and convenient travel.
The bristles of the Y10 Pro really are remarkable. When we brushed our teeth with the Y10, the first thing we noticed was how good the bristles felt on our gums, and that's no coincidence!
The filaments are 90% grounded to be gentle on gums and protect enamel. They are also infused with fluoride ions to strengthen enamel, and the color fades to remind you when it's time to replace the head.
It sounds like something your mountain bike would have, but no, we're still talking about an electric toothbrush.
The Y10 Pro features a pressure sensor and indicator, intelligent pressure control and a soft rubber backing, all of which work together to absorb shock, and avoid too much pressure. Plus, the pressure control adjusts automatically in real time.
Four cleaning modes
As with any proper electric toothbrush, this brush has multiple cleaning modes, four to be exact, so that you can customize it to meet your needs.
The modes are:
- Smart mode: In this mode, the Y10 Pro chooses the mode for you, adapting automatically based on your brushing needs.
- Clean mode: Offering moderate intensity for the perfect clean.
- White mode: High-intensity brushing to attack surface stains.
- Soft mode: Low intensity to protect sensitive teeth and gums.
In the video below, you can see a quick demonstration of how the Y10 Pro works!
Our conclusion, after trying the usmile Y10 Pro toothbrush, is that it is a user-friendly, intuitive brush with features that add value to the brusher.
It's also got an extremely long battery life — it can run a whole six months on a single charge, making it a travel-friendly companion.
Of course, not all of the features are necessary to keep your mouth clean, but if you like technology like pressure sensors and automatic mode selectors, this may be the brush for you.
Find out more about the usmile Y10 Pro toothbrush and the other usmile products on offering by heading to their site now! And make sure to keep an eye out for promotions!