Looking for an unbiased Waterpik Cordless water flosser review?
Is the Waterpik WP-560 cordless water flosser worth the money or are there better alternatives?
Everything you need to know will be covered in this Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser review.
If you're thinking about upgrading your dental hygiene routine with the Waterpik Cordless water flosser, read this comprehensive Waterpik WP-560 review to discover all you need to know to make an intelligent choice.
We'll go through the following topics in this article:
- How to use the Waterpik Cordless water flosser
- Waterpik WP-560 advantages and disadvantages
- In terms of daily oral hygiene, how effective is it?
- We'll analyze some Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser reviews on Amazon
We hope this information assists you in choosing the best water flosser for your teeth. We also have a guide on the best Waterpik water flossers.
Table of contents
- 1 What is the Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser?
- 2 Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser features
- 3 Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser review
- 3.1 Design – ★★★★☆ (4/5 stars)
- 3.2 Usefulness & functionality – ★★★★☆ (4/5 stars)
- 3.3 Water tank – ★★★☆☆ (3/5 stars)
- 3.4 Oral health benefits and cleaning experience – ★★★★☆ (4/5 stars)
- 3.5 Charger & Battery – ★★☆☆☆ (2/5 stars)
- 3.6 Additional features – ★★★★☆ (4/5 stars)
- 3.7 Price – ★★★★☆ (4/5 stars)
- 4 Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser pros and cons
- 5 Alternatives to the Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser
- 6 Comparison Waterpik Cordless Advanced vs cariPRO water flosser
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 FAQ
What is the Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser?
It's a portable water flosser that uses a stream of water to clean between your teeth. This is a cordless version with a built-in rechargeable battery, as the name indicates.
How does the Waterpik cordless work?
When the flosser is turned on, the pump takes the water out of the reservoir and feeds it into the user's mouth through a tube at the top of the flosser. It uses a strong water jet to drive plaque and germs away from the teeth and gums. For many people, flossing with a stream of water is smoother, less abrasive, and more comfortable.
Using the Waterpik Cordless water flosser
- Step 1: Fill the reservoir with water – Unlock the reservoir door and pour water into the compartment until it is slightly less than full. Shut is again and make sure it is locked.
- Step 2: Prepare – By pushing the relevant button on the device, you may choose the pressure setting. Lean over the sink, and insert the flosser's tip into your mouth. Close your lips just enough to avoid splashing while allowing water to flow freely from your mouth into the sink.
- Step 3: Clean – Turn on the water flosser. Water should be aimed towards the gumline at a 90-degree angle. Follow the gumline and pause between teeth for a few moments.
Here is a video that shows you how to use the Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser:
Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser features
The Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser is available in five different models in the United States. The only difference between these is the color.
What's included with the Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser?
With the Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser unit, you get 4 jet tips (2 classic, 1 orthodontic, and 1 plaque seeker), a magnetic charger, a tip storage case, a travel bag, and a travel plug.
Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser key features
- ADA approved: It earned the American Dental Association (ADA) Seal of Acceptance.
- Cordless waterproof design: Enjoy cordless water flossing and a waterproof design that may be used in the shower.
- Battery operated: Portable design for travel or small bathrooms
- Magnetic power cable: The power cable attaches magnetically to the device and charges it in 4 hours; an LED battery light indicates when it's time to recharge.
- 3 different pressure settings ranging from 45 to 75 PSI (can choose between high pressure and ultra-quiet operation).
- 4 water flossing tips for multiple users and purposes. The nozzle that may be rotated 360 degrees.
- Suitable for traveling: It comes with a travel bag and tip storage case. It is worldwide voltage compatible (100 240 vac, 60/50 Hz).
Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser review
In this Waterpik Cordless Advanced review, we'll go through all of the primary advantages and disadvantages we found with these water flossers.
Design – ★★★★☆ (4/5 stars)
Water flossers aren't known for their beauty since the majority of products on the market are clumsy and old-fashioned. With its gentle oval curves, the Cordless Advanced water flosser, on the other hand, appears rather elegant.
The Waterpik WP-560 comes in five colors. You might choose the one that appeals to you the most, or the one that matches the color of your bathroom.
The only criticism you might make of the unit's design is that it is still a little bulky. This isn't so much a visual thing but it is a functional issue — it takes up space in the suitcase and is a little awkward to handle.
Usefulness & functionality – ★★★★☆ (4/5 stars)
In the next part of our Waterpik Cordless Advanced review, we'll go over the water flosser's usefulness and functionality.
- Water-resistant: The device is waterproof and can be used in the shower.
- Global voltage capacity: Because the Waterpik Cordless Advanced has a global voltage capacity, it may be used everywhere in the world.
- Good device for traveling: A cordless water flosser is obviously more convenient than a countertop water flosser while traveling. Although it's a bit large for a weekend bag, it will fit in your holiday baggage.
- Feels a little clumsy: In comparison to a countertop water flosser, the handle (which is the whole gadget) is clunky, hefty, and difficult to control precisely. You must hold the water flosser upright to keep it flowing, which makes reaching your back teeth more challenging.
- Lower water pressure: The water stream pressure with this device is lower. The Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser has only 45-75PSI (compared to 10-100PSI with Waterpiks countertop models). As a result, the Waterpik Cordless might not clean as effective as other models.
- Smaller water reservoir: It only provides water for 45 seconds of flossing time. Since the recommended flossing time is 1 minute, it has to be refilled, which can be a hassle. Many users might not make the extra effort to refill it a second time in order to continue flossing.
Water tank – ★★★☆☆ (3/5 stars)
The removable water tank contains up to 7 ounces (210 mL) of water in the Waterpik Cordless Advanced. This is enough flossing time at the maximum pressure setting for 45 seconds.
If you only have 45 seconds of water, you'll have to refill the tank once to get to the suggested 1 minute of water flossing. This isn't a huge issue, but having to do it every day may get tedious.
However, if Waterpik wanted to fit in a larger water reservoir, they would have to make the whole device larger, which would go against the whole point of designing a Waterpik for travel, which is to be compact. They didn't want to make compromises in terms of portability, which is obvious.
You have two options for filling the Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser WP-560's tank: completely remove the tank or utilize the little hatch in the back. Both options aren't ideal: detaching the tank may be difficult, and having to do it twice every session is inconvenient. At the same time, the hatch is a little tiny, so filling the reservoir through it takes a little longer.
However, there are some more issues regarding the water reservoir. Some customers are claiming that the water tank can be difficult to remove.
The Waterpik is big and clunky to use. I broke the door to the water tank trying to pull the tank off to clean.Christine
Okay, yes, this does what it says it will do, so 5 stars for that. Unfortunately, it is virtually impossible to pull off and put back on the water reservoir to let all parts dry out. Even my husband has to wrestle with it to the point of feeling as though the plastic will crack when being removed.vieuxcarre
And if you are taking a closer look at some Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser reviews on Amazon, you will find that a lot of customers are experiencing mold issues.
I love using a Waterpik because it gets food out better than brushing or flossing. That being said, don’t buy this one. It’s very expensive for something that leaks while you use it and gets moldy very quickly. After each use, I have to take the bottom off and shake the water out. Then shake the other half because water gets trapped in there too. I store it apart so it can dry. But it still gets moldy. And the tank part is impossible to clean because of the shape. It has such a horrible design. You can’t get a brush in the very bottom part because it’s at a 90-degree angle. There’s mold in the tip of the hose that I can’t clean and it makes the water taste bad. I had returned my first one because it leaked profusely from the bottom, but the replacement does too.Dani
So this is something you should be aware of if you purchase this product. Be careful of mold development inside the water reservoir and the tips. It‘s necessary to clean the water flosser regularly. Some cleaning methods for water flossers can be found on YouTube, such as using white vinegar and warm water.
Oral health benefits and cleaning experience – ★★★★☆ (4/5 stars)
Waterpik is quite proud of the fact that its products have been clinically shown to improve dental health. The Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser WP-560 is no different.
The water pressure is the only criticism you may have in this aspect. There are three pressure settings on the Cordless Advanced (low, medium & high). It achieves a maximum pressure of 75 PSI, similar to other cordless Waterpik versions, whereas most recent countertop variants reach up to 100 PSI. This implies that if you have a lot of food particles stuck between your teeth, the countertop versions should be able to get rid of it more quickly. In most situations, though, 75 PSI should be more than enough for everyday usage.
Charger & Battery – ★★☆☆☆ (2/5 stars)
The Waterpik Cordless Advanced Water Flosser (WP-560) comes with a magnetic charger that you connect to the unit, and the battery is completely charged in 4 hours.
The LED indicator is also quite convenient.
Let's have a look at some Waterpik Cordless Advanced Water Flosser reviews on Amazon.com
The Waterpik is by far the worst when it comes to battery life. After just a single use you can tell the water pressure is lower and the Waterpik needs to be recharged after 4-5 uses.kt12883
Works nearly as well as traditional floss. The battery failed after 3 months, but customer service was greatAmazon Customer
In conclusion, you shouldn't ever overcharge it (keeping it plugged in after it’s fully charged) or entirely discharge it, since this will drastically limit its battery lifespan. This implies that you must actively care for it. Otherwise, since the battery is not replaceable, you will be forced to dispose of your device sooner than expected.
We believe that a quality product in this price range should come with a battery charger without these flaws. With modern-day technology, there should be a method to have the charger switch off automatically when the battery is full, eliminating the risk of overcharging.
Additional features – ★★★★☆ (4/5 stars)
- LED indicator: Having an indicator that tells you whether your battery is full or empty is highly useful.
- Waterproof: The electrical components are completely isolated, and it is safe to use in the shower. This might save you some time in the morning and is something that a countertop model cannot accomplish.
- Extra quiet design: Although it’s not silent, the noise of the Waterpik Cordless Advanced is lower than with some of Waterpik's older models.
Price – ★★★★☆ (4/5 stars)
The Waterpik Cordless Advanced Water Flosser prices retail for $109, but you can usually get a deal on certain colors. This price, of course, might change depending on the market. The best thing you can do is go to Amazon and look up the current Waterpik WP-560 best price. The button below will take you to the Amazon page for the original product, so you can check if there are any discounts available.
Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser pros and cons
If you can deal with some of the flaws, such as the battery issues (this involves unplugging it after 4 hours of charging), the Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser is not a bad choice. Since the battery is not replaceable, you have to dispose of the whole device in case of damage by overcharging.
That's a major problem with the Waterpik Cordless WP-560. Just consider the following scenario: You use your Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser before going to bed. You realize that the battery is going to run out. So, how do you go about it? If you plug in the charger before going to bed, it will charge for 4 hours and then overcharge. But it may go fully depleted if you do not recharge it.
The 4-hour rapid charge is actually a disadvantage in this case, and an 8-hour charging time would be more practical.
Also, as previously mentioned, if the water tank is not cleaned and dried regularly, it might get moldy. And, according to some Waterpik WP-560 reviews, user find the water tank difficult to remove from the device.
Given all of this, we advise against purchasing the Waterpik Cordless Advanced and instead recommend a different water flosser that has been proven to be of high quality.
Alternatives to the Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser
Comparison Waterpik Cordless Advanced vs cariPRO water flosser
Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser
cariPRO Cordless water flosser
Price: $97 - $109
Details correct at time of writing; check marketplace for current price and policy details.
The Waterpik Cordless Advanced water flosser is a decent device. However, because of the mentioned flaws like the battery issues we think the price is actually too expensive. There are a lot of cheaper alternatives, but if you are looking for a cordless water flosser with a premium quality we recommend you to buy the cariPRO Cordless Water Flosser. It is a little cheaper and provides a better value for money in our opinion.
Is the cordless Waterpik better?
The cordless Waterpik water flosser is better than a countertop water flosser if you are looking for a portable, waterproof device. However, the reservoir is smaller and has lower water pressure.
Can the cordless Waterpik be used in the shower?
Yes, it is safe to use in the shower since the electrical components are totally isolated. This may save you some time in the morning and make your flossing experience more convenient.
Is the cordless Waterpik waterproof?
Yes, the Waterpik cordless is fully waterproof and all the electrical components are isolated. You can use this device in the shower or wash it with water after using it.
How does the Waterpik cordless work?
When the Waterpik cordless is activated, the pump takes water from the reservoir and feeds it to the user's mouth through a tube at the top of the water flosser.
ada.org: Waterpik Battery Operated Water Flossers. Consulted 25th February 2022.
waterpik.com: White Cordless Advanced Water Flosser. Consulted 25th February 2022.
bestelectrictoothbrushlist.com: Waterpik Cordless Advanced Water Flosser (WP-560) Review. Consulted 25th February 2022.