If you're looking for the best dental insurance in Wyoming, you'll find lots of options. So how do you know which dental insurance plan is best for you?
Before buying any dental insurance, be sure you've done your homework. It's well worth your time to thoroughly investigate your alternatives. When you need dental work, having the right dental insurance can cut your out-of-pocket costs a lot.
It's difficult to know where to start when looking for dental insurance, and the research can be confusing.
But there's good news!
We've already done some of the research for you by sifting through Wyoming's top dental insurance plans and compiling this resource to help you choose the right dental insurance for your requirements.
We'll cover the following in this article:
- What are the best types of dental insurance in Wyoming?
- What features should you consider when buying a dental insurance plan?
- A list of the best dental insurance providers in Wyoming.
- How to find dental insurance in Wyoming with no waiting period
We hope that after reading this article, you're able to make a smart choice and select a Wyoming dental insurance plan that fits your needs.
Dentalinsurance.com makes it simple to compare dental insurance plans in Wyoming. Our online marketplace makes finding and enrolling in the best plans in your state easy and fast.
Simply enter your zip code and date of birth to see what plans are available in your region, or call 888-626-0057 to speak with one of their representatives.
Table of contents
Types of dental insurance in Wyoming
We'll begin with a quick overview of the various types of dental insurance available in Wyoming. Dental plans come in a wide range of options. They may, however, be split into three groups:
- PPO: Even though these plans have the most expensive premiums, they make up the vast majority of dental insurance policies in Wyoming. They're so popular because they provide you with the most flexibility when it comes to selecting a dentist and offer comprehensive coverage for a wide range of major dental procedures.
- DHMO: DHMO plans usually provide cheaper dental insurance rates. You may, however, be required to choose a primary care dentist who will handle all of your dental procedures.
- Dental discount plans: They're a great way to save money if you require dental care right away since these dental plans have no waiting period. These dental discount plans aren't true dental insurance, and you'll have to pay the dentist out of pocket instead of filling out insurance paperwork. However, for a small monthly membership fee, you can save 20–40% on most major dental treatments.
What to look for in a Wyoming dental insurance policy
When looking for affordable dental insurance in Wyoming, you'll come across a few aspects that may or may not be useful to you. Here are a few of the most crucial considerations:
You may have been only looking for the cheapest dental insurance in Wyoming, but don't forget about the other costs.
It's important to remember that the premium isn't the sole cost factor of your dental expenses. Here are the four factors that influence the overall cost-effectiveness of a dental plan:
- Premium: Regardless of whether or not you get any dental treatments, this is the amount you have to pay monthly or yearly in exchange for coverage.
- Maximum annual limit: The total amount your dental plan will pay for your treatment in any given plan year is known as the annual maximum limit. Typically, the yearly maximums are somewhere between $1,000 and $3,000 per year.
- Deductible: This is the minimum amount of money you must spend on treatment before your insurance company will start covering a portion of the total costs.
- Co-payment: This is the amount you must pay for each treatment out of pocket. Depending on the kind of dental insurance, it might be a fixed amount or a percentage of the total cost.
The majority of dental insurance policies in Wyoming cover preventive and diagnostic services like cleanings, x-rays, and exams. However, it's always a good idea to double-check if the policy you choose covers them.
If you need expensive dental procedures such as crowns, root canals, dental implants, or orthodontics, you should get a higher-priced premium plan that covers these treatments.
Most likely, you're wondering how to find dental insurance in Wyoming with no waiting period.
While preventive care is covered by most dental insurance plans with no waiting period, basic procedures typically have a 6-month waiting period, and major services have a 12-month waiting period.
If having dental insurance in Wyoming with no waiting period is crucial to you because you need immediate dental treatment, you have a few options:
- You can go with a dental discount plan, as these don’t have a waiting period.
- You can sign up for a DHMO plan that has fixed co-payments.
- Take a look at the Humana Loyalty Plus plan.
- Or you can consider going abroad for dental tourism if the treatments you require are very expensive. Dental work performed in a low-cost country may save you up to 70% on expensive procedures such as All-on-4 implants.
Best dental insurance providers in Wyoming
If you don't qualify for low-income dental insurance from Medicaid, look into these private dental insurance options. We've compiled a list of the top dental insurance plans in Wyoming so you can start weighing your possibilities.
Delta Dental of Wyoming offers two PPO plans.
Delta Dental Basic Plan
The annual maximum limit of this dental insurance plan is $1,000 per year per person. Preventive care such as x-rays, exams, and cleanings is covered by 80%. All other treatments are covered by 50%. This includes fillings, extractions, root canals, crowns, bridges, dentures, scaling, and root planing. A $75 deductible has to be paid per year per person.
Delta Dental Preferred Plan
This Delta Dental Plan has a more expensive premium than the Basic Plan. However, you only have to pay a $50 deductible per person, and the annual maximum limit will be increased to $1,200. Preventive care is covered by 100%. All other treatments are covered by 50%.
Humana offers two dental insurance plans in Wyoming.
Humana Preventive Plus
This Wyoming dental insurance plan gives you an annual maximum benefit of $1,000. It fully covers preventive care within the Humana dental network and 70% out-of-network. After six months, you get access to treatments like fillings and extractions, which are covered 50% in-network and 30% out of network.
When you’re on this dental plan, you’re responsible for paying a $50 deductible per year per person.
Humana Loyalty Plus
The Humana Dental Loyalty Plus plan offers increasing benefits to loyal members from plan years one through three. These benefits include fewer out-of-pocket costs and a raise in plan year maximums. This plan also features a one-time deductible to reward customers who stay loyal to the plan.
Preventive care is fully covered with this plan, regardless of whether you go to an in-network or out-of-network dentist. You get 40% to 70% coverage on x-rays, fillings, and extractions. Root canals, crowns, dentures, and deep cleanings are covered by 20–50%. Braces are not covered, but you may be eligible for a discount.
This is a great dental insurance plan without a waiting period, as none of the treatments are subject to a waiting time. The coverage percentage in year one is very minimal, though.
The dental insurance provider MetLife offers three PPO plans in Wyoming.
MetLife Low Plan
This dental insurance plan provided by MetLife Wyoming gives you a $750 annual maximum benefit. The deductible for individual dental insurance is $75, while the deductible for family dental insurance is $225.
Preventive services such as x-rays, exams, and cleanings are fully covered, regardless of whether you go to an in-network or out-of-network dentist. After a 6-month waiting period, you get access to 50% coverage on fillings and extractions.
MetLife Medium Plan
This dental plan from MetLife Wyoming includes everything from the Low Plan. In addition, you'll get an increased $1,500 yearly maximum benefit per person. The deductible for individual dental insurance is $50 per calendar year or $150 for family dental insurance.
This MetLife dental plan gives you 70% coverage on fillings and extractions after a 6-month waiting period. Major treatments, such as root canals, dentures, deep cleanings, crowns, and implants, are covered by 50% after a 12-month waiting period.
MetLife High Plan
This is the most expensive plan that Metlife Wyoming offers. However, you'll be eligible for a generous $2,000 yearly maximum benefit. Furthermore, you qualify for a $ 1,000-lifetime orthodontic benefit. The deductible is $25 per person per year, while families pay a $75 deductible per year.
After 6months, you get 80% coverage on fillings, extractions, and deep cleanings. Major dental procedures like dentures, crowns, implants, and braces are covered by 50% after a 6-month waiting period.
Other specific dental insurance options
Didn't find any dental plans that fit your requirements?
Well, in addition to these mentioned dental plans, you also have a variety of specific dental insurance options to choose from, including:
- Military dental insurance: If you are now serving or have previously served in the United States Armed Forces, you are most likely eligible for military dental coverage.
- Dental insurance for seniors: You'll need different dental procedures as a senior than you would as a younger person. That's why getting specialized dental insurance for seniors is a good idea.
- Insurance for braces: Only very few dental insurance plans cover orthodontic therapy, and even if they do, you'll still be responsible for a significant copayment. There are, however, options for specific dental insurance for braces that you may be interested in.
- Invisalign dental insurance: Invisalign is a great alternative to braces. Yet, it's not covered by most dental insurance plans. Read our full article on specific Invisalign insurance options to learn more.
Comparison of dental insurance plans in Wyoming
Type of plans offered
Details correct at time of writing; check with the insurer for current and complete policy details.
Finding the ideal dental plan can be challenging, and you might still be unsure of what type of dental insurance is best for your needs. Keep the following in mind while searching for the best dental insurance in Wyoming, regardless of which provider you choose:
- A cheap premium plan is the best choice if your teeth are in excellent health and you just need preventive services and occasional fillings.
- If, however, you need dental implants, braces, or other spendy procedures, it’s more cost-effective to upgrade to a higher premium plan.
We investigated Wyoming's best dental insurance plans and confirmed that they were available in the state's largest cities, including Cheyenne and Casper. However, other dental insurance companies, such as Ameritas, Cigna, Guardian Direct, Renaissance Dental, NCD Dental, or Nationwide, may be available depending on where you reside.
Dentalinsurance.com can help you choose the most suitable dental insurance for your needs. You may start your search for dental insurance providers in Wyoming by entering your ZIP code and date of birth. Simply click the button below to get a dental insurance quote.
If you want to read about the best insurance options in any other state, please select from the list below.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Is Humana available in Wyoming?
Yes. Humana has dental insurance plans available in Wyoming. They offer a few alternatives, including a loyalty plan that has yearly increasing benefits.
What is the best dental insurance in Wyoming?
There is no one-size-fits-all dental insurance available in Wyoming since everyone's needs are different. MetLife offers some great flexible dental plans. Delta Dental also has great options.
How do I choose the best dental insurance in Wyoming?
The ideal dental plan is different for everyone since every person's needs are unique. In addition to the cost of the policy, you should also think about what treatments the insurance pays for.
How much is dental insurance in Wyoming?
There is a wide range of dental insurance plans available in Wyoming for every budget. Dental discount plans start at $8.95 per month, while dental insurance starts at around $18 per month.
What dental insurance does Wyoming Avenue accept?
Wyoming Avenue works with many different dental insurance companies. You may also choose from a series of diverse payment and financing options. For further information, contact Wyoming Avenue.
How much does dental insurance cover in Wyoming?
There is a wide range of dental insurance plans available that cover all kinds of dental treatments, ranging from simple cleanings and exams to complex treatments like dental implants and braces.
Can I get dental and vision insurance in Wyoming?
If you are looking for dental and vision insurance in Wyoming, you might want to get a dental insurance quote from Humana. However, many other carriers might offer dental and vision insurance.